Saturday, September 22, 2007

KIND ACTS NEVER FORGOTTEN!

When was the last time you did something from the heart?

The following letter was written to the original owner of a 2nd generation very busy lunch & breakfast landmark restaurant serving 1000's of guests every day.

"Dear John:
I was recently in Lake Worth after 34 years!
I was so surprised that your wonderful restaurant was still there and going 'gangbusters' !
in 1973 I was only 17 years old and worked at the "Lu-Lu Restaurant' on J street and lived on some very sparse tips. I rented a 'room by the week' and was really struggling to make ends meet.
Occasionally, I would ride my bike to the beach and would come into your restaurant for a grilled cheese!
One day you bought me my sandwich and your kind act has never been forgotten!
What a wave of 'deja-vu' when all these years later I came in, had lunch and got to see you and personally thank you . I am guessing you were in your mid 40's back then and you still look the same!
God bless you"
Laurie Popovick
PS. If you are ever in Chicago I'll sell you a condo and buy you a grilled cheese.

How often do you do something for a guest that is totally unexpected and kind?

Whether it's a 2.5 oz bag of coffee you give to a guest after a nice compliment on you coffee
or a loaf of bread to take home after a compliments on your delicious bread or giving your patron a mason jar with your wonderful 'mothers secret recipes' marinara sauce because your guest said to you " I just love your marinara sauce..."

In short, it could be any insignificant little thing to you, but it could mean the world to someone else, that would never be forgotten!

What idea can you dream up for your guests???

Remember, the more you give, the more you get!

No comments: