Monday, September 17, 2007

Cutting Corners Can Cut Customers

On Saturday I was looking forward to visiting one of my all time favorite pizza restaurants for dinner. All day I could practically taste their famous garlic rolls on my tongue. In fact, I mentioned to my wife in the car ride how much I was looking forward to the garlic rolls.

We arrived early and we got a nice seat by the front windows. The waiter took our order and I reminded him that I was looking forward to the garlic rolls.



When the rolls came, I took my first bite and I was so disappointed! The rolls were one day old and they were reheated. Imagine how let down I felt. I will always think twice about visiting my former favorite pizza place.

Cutting corners can save pennies, but a loyal customer can be worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. I must have been to this pizza place at least 20 times. Average check $20 times 4, that is $1600. I once calculated that me and my family had spent over $150,000 at another restaurant.

Next time you want to cut a corner, make sure you aren't cutting customers.

No comments: